Find answers to your questions here
1. What is the Dulux Let’s Colour Project?
At Dulux, we believe in the power of colour and its ability to make a positive change to your home and your community spaces. We have been delighted to find so many people around Ireland that share this belief and this is why we set up the Dulux Let’s Colour Project – to help communities brighten up spaces and buildings with a welcome splash of colour.
2. Terms and Conditions
Change your Story with Dulux Let’s Colour Project Ireland Competition
Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
1. By entering into this Competition, participants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is Dulux Paints Ireland Ltd., Unit J, South City Business Park, Killinarden, Tallaght, Dublin 24.
3. This Competition is open to persons and groups who are residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 and above including but not limited to community groups and charities based in Ireland who would like to make a difference to a space through the use of coloured paint (the “Participants”) and excludes employees of the AkzoNobel N.V. group of companies, their families or agents or any other person connected with the running of this Competition.
4. This Competition will run online on the Dulux Let’s Colour Ireland website and Facebook page only. Entrant will be redirected from Facebook to a hosting page to submit their entry.
5. To enter the Competition, Participants must create a short video piece (no longer than 4 minutes in total length) explaining what change they would like to make to a space and detailing how painting with colour will help them achieve this change and transform their space. The video file must be saved as an MPEG or Quicktime file. Participants must then visit http://www.letscolour.ie/ and complete the online application form with the required details, upload the video and submit the completed form. No amendments will be permitted to be made to the entry once submitted. Before filming your short video piece, Participants must seek and gain permission to film all those who will be featured in the video. We reserve the right to disqualify entries that were filmed without permission from those featured.
6. Participants must seek and gain any and all required permissions to paint the space they have nominated for their entry project. They must also have the right to give access to the space.
7. The space to be painted must not be a private commercial business. The space to be painted must be structurally sound. Derelict, structurally unsound or commercial buildings do not qualify for the Dulux Let’s Colour Project and entries in relation to such may be disqualified at any stage in the Competition.
8. By applying Participants give Dulux Paints Ireland Limited permission to post the submitted video online on the Dulux Let’s Colour Ireland website and Facebook page in order for it to be available for the public to vote.
9. Entries will only be accepted and reviewed if fully completed and submitted via the official online entry form and method stated above. No other methods of entry will be accepted.
10. This Competition will run from 27th April 2015 until 12th June 2015. All entries must be received before 5 p.m. 21st May 2015 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
11. Only one entry per Participant/Group and per project will be permitted.
12. No third party or joint submissions will be accepted.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged or lost. Proof of submission of an entry is not proof or receipt. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry.
14. Entries will only be promoted through the Dulux Ireland Let’s Colour Facebook page and website. This Competition is in no way connected with Facebook. It is neither sponsored or supported nor organised by Facebook and all Participants agree to a complete release of Facebook. The Promoter, not Facebook, is the recipient of the information provided by participants through this Competition.
15. The prize winners will receive Dulux paint, products and the supply of painting professional(s) to a maximum value of €5,000 only per winning project. The prize winners must follow the colour schemes and use the products and professionals as selected and provided by Dulux Paints Ireland Limited.
16. Dulux Paints Ireland Limited reserves the right to assess actual quantities of product required and the type of product best suited for the completion of the prize winner’s project. Dulux Paints Ireland Limited will only supply the amount and type of product it deems appropriate for the project.
17. Prize winners must redeem and complete the project within 2 months of the prize being awarded.
18. The prize is only redeemable in respect of the exact project submitted in the original entry and no amendments or changes to the project as entered will be permitted.
19. Prize winners will be responsible for supplying any other materials or labour required for the completion of the project. Dulux Paints Ireland Limited will not supply additional labour, equipment or materials for the project.
20. The prize winners consent to a Let’s Colour Project sign being mounted at each project site while the project is in progress and for a period of 24 months after completion of the project.
21. The prize winners will be notified by telephone by 17th June 2015. If any winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period of time, a replacement winner may be selected at the Promoter’s discretion.
22. Details of the prize winners will be announced online on the Dulux Let’s Colour Ireland website and Facebook page once the prize winners have been notified.
23. The prize is as stated. The prizes are subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of a similar nature in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control. There is a limited quantity of paint available for the 2015 Let’s Colour Projects and once this total has been donated the Let’s Colour Project will cease for 2015.
24. No cash equivalent or alternative will be provided for any prize awarded under the Competition and prizes are not redeemable for cash.
25. The prize is not transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
26. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause to exclude any Participants in this Competition or withhold any prize where there has been a violation of any of these terms and conditions.
27. In the event of a dispute the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. By participating in this Competition, all Participants are deemed to give their consent to appear in future publicity materials or other promotional events and activities related to this Competition. By participating in the project the Participants and prize winners accept that footage and images of the project, both before, during and after the projects, may be used to publicise the Dulux Paints Ireland Limited and the Let’s Colour Project.
29. By participating in this Competition, Participants acknowledge and agree that certain personal data relating to them (including their name and geographical location) may be disclosed to third parties.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw this Competition in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently, without prior notice or compensation.
31. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The Promoter excludes:
2. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any Participant in connection with this Competition. This shall not be deemed to exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Promoter, or its employees or agents.
32. Participants and prize winners are responsible for ensuring the care and safety of the persons involved in the project, including but not limited to persons painting the space who are not professional and indemnified painters.
33. Please retain these terms and conditions for future reference. Alternatively further copies are available by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promoter.
34. This Competition is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
35. Data protection: the Promoter is committed to protecting the privacy of Participants. Any information collected in connection with this Competition will only be used by the Promoter or its agents for the purposes of marketing or administering this Competition and future promotions or publicity material relating to this Competition.
36. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from the Promoter, please write to the Promoter.
37. Trademarks used in the Competition including but not limited to AkzoNobel, the ICI Roundel, “Dulux”, Let’s Colour, and the Flourish are trademarks of AkzoNobel group N.V. © AkzoNobel group N.V. 2015.
3. How do I enter?
Simply record a short video, telling us which community or charity space you’d like to paint with colour and why. Then upload your video to YouTube and enter the URL link to your video on the ‘enter’ section of this website.
4. Can I enter by post?
Entry is via video upload only. No postal entries can be accepted. You can upload to YouTube and submit the link.
5. Project Selection
Submissions are screened before being displayed on the site (usually within 24 hours). Winners are decided by public vote on the Let’s Colour Facebook app, those with the most votes win!
6. Closing Date
Midnight on Thursday 21st May 2015.
7. Voting Period
The videos will be open for public voting on the Let’s Colour Facebook App from 9am Monday 25th May 2015 until Midnight 12th June 2015.
Winners will be contacted w/c 15th June by telephone.
9. How do winners select their paint?
Winning projects will receive a link to a paint selection form. You have two weeks to select your paint from this date. After this date, paint may be allocated to another project. Please note, once you have submitted your paint selection form, no amendments can be made.
10. How long do I have to select our colours?
You have two weeks to select your paint colours, from the day we inform you that your project has been selected.
11. How is paint distributed?
We will aim to distribute your paint to the Dulux stockist you nominate when entering your project.
12. How soon after I choose my paint can I complete my project?
We will aim to have your paint delivered within 8 weeks of choosing your paint.
13. Time for completion
All projects must be completed within two months of winner notification.